Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Gerry Mulligan Reader

 The Gerry Mulligan Reader published over the weekend as a paperback and eBook on Amazon.com.



Here's a link for order information -


https://rb.gy/w44jk


After the initial publication costs are met, 50% of all proceeds will be donated to The Gerry Mulligan Foundation to buy musical instruments for individual students and school music programs.


One early reader wrote:


"Steve

WONDERFUL. I have only read the introduction thus far, but I wanted to tell you, that I can see that this book is just what I was expecting, and I believe that it will fill a huge void in understanding - and appreciating - Gerry Mulligan.

Whilst I have enjoyed (to a degree) all the books previously published about Gerry, I do not believe that any of them, bar perhaps Alyn Shipton's recent publication, have come anywhere near addressing Mulligan's real significance in jazz history.

I think you have achieved something special in pulling this together. I thank you.

I hope you make a fortune - both for the Foundation and for yourself. (I have already persuaded a good friend to purchase this book and will try with others I know).

Congratulations, and above all thanks.

I now look forward to months of careful reading (probably with Mulligan playing in the background....)"

I hope you’ll consider purchasing a copy and supporting our efforts to memorialize Gerry and to help further his mission to bring the healing gift of music into the lives of students through his Foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. Thank you.