Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Sarah Vaughan with Don Costa & Orchestra - I Remember You (Roulette Records 1963)

Lyrics by Johnny Mercer - 


Sarah's accompanied by Don Costa & Orchestra and recorded in 1963. (Roulette Records) Was it in Tahiti Were we on the Nile Long, long ago, Say an hour or so I recall that I saw your smile I remember you You're the one who made My dreams come true A few kisses ago. I remember you You're the one who said "I love you, too," I do Didn't you know I remember, too A distant bell And stars that fell like rain Out of the blue. When my life When my life is through And the angels ask me to recall The thrill of them all Then I shall tell them I remember I remember you I remember, too, A distant bell And stars that fell like rain Out of the blue. When my life When my life When my life is through And the angels ask me to recall The thrill of them all Then I shall tell them I remember you